Saturday, March 18, 2017

Arriving in Sydney, Australia

The time had come to venture to the country I would be spending the next 4 months! As amazing as New Zealand was, I was ready for some warmer weather and beach days. I had an afternoon flight to Sydney, where I spent the next couple of days exploring. Sydney is only a short 3 hour train ride away from Newcastle, and I had a few days to spare before orientation week.

My sister tagged along and we stayed in the 57 Hotel, down the street from Central Station. By the time we arrived, we were exhausted and spent the night relaxing in our hotel room with Thai food we had delivered (yum!). The next morning we woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to explore the city. Well, that is after some coffee, of course! We first walked to the Harbour, where we saw the Sydney Bridge and Opera House. We ate on the Harbour by the water and then caught a train, followed by a bus to Bondi Beach (like I said, we needed some beach time). Bondi Beach was nice, it was filled with people soaking up the beautiful weather just like us.

The next day, we were off on the train to Newcastle so I could finally embark on my semester abroad!

What better time to try my first oyster! SO fresh
        
Bondi Beach and Bondi Iceberg Pools

No comments:

Post a Comment